"1846 began on the 12th day of February" recorded Dimitur Sergiuv, the master builder, above one of the columns of the chardak (veranda). He built the house with two storeys and seven rooms – comfortable enough for the many children of Nikola Raikov, master of the house, while the workshop of the chorbadjia (master) looks onto the streets – passers-by can get what they need.
This home has given Bulgaria many notable people – scientists and people with a rich spirituality. Pencho Raikov, the patriarch of Bulgarian chemistry, spent his childhood here as well as Irina, wife of daskal (teacher) Petko Slaveikov…
Preserving the comfort of the Revival home with the seats under the windows, the fireplace and the bowls shining on the shelves, today the Museum House is hospitable and carries on the Bulgarian traditions.